Forkheads in SPACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forkheads in SPACE

The home of the FH Restoration Squad

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yom is forever arone. ;_;

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Empty
PostSubject: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Life Support system, terminated...
Life Support system, termineaaanttt-

"Okay, enough already. I know."
"Damn... What the hell happened..."

*presses the button on the biopill dispenser, but it doesn't work.*

"Crap. Did they really eat all my food...?"

*frustrated, I hit it, to hear the 'twing' sound and a tasty biopill issues from it.*

Yom is forever arone. ;_; XGV4I
*As I eat the nutritious artificial protein, I suddenly realize there IS no one around.*

"Where is everyone at?"

Yom is forever arone. ;_; BUe3L
I climb the stairs and look at the room. It's a communal room. And outside the windows, I see... dirt.

Suddenly, it all comes back to me, how we were sailing the sea of stars in that wreckage of a ship barely held together by ducttape and belts.

"AW MAN. DID WE LAND?!"
I was met with silence, naught but my own voice echoing through the silent hallway.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; VfqeN
*I take a deep breath as I half-walked, half-ambled to the bridge.*

The voice was right. The life support system had long since degraded. And here and there, I saw signs of a violent crash. Roofs torn in, leaking dirt and gravel. Windows that once were my gateway to a universe blocked with dirt. The Transport system was nonfunctional. Even the lights had gone out, all but the crystal tube ones. They last for MILLENIA.

I freaked out and ran to the exit, stumbling over loose stones, to what I hoped was the exit.

The door was functioning, and I quickly ran into the airlock.
Yom is forever arone. ;_; 7roh6
BIG MISTAKE. It was jam-packed with dirt and gravel. That's when I lost it.

Chapter 1 end.

Chapter 2.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; VfqeN
I don't know for how long I shambled the halls of the ship. But I remember fainting at the controls after my 20th time failure in getting the engine to work.

No fuel, it says! Who're you kidding? Nuclear reactors don't run out of fuel!

That's when I heard it. Flowing water.

That's when I realized I was very, very thirsty.

I slowly realized where I was. I had slid down the stairs back into the main hallway.

Realizing I had to have a drink, I began to mindlessly crawl to where I heard this sweet sound. At the back of my mind, alarm bells were ringing. "ALIEN! MONSTER! TENTACLES!", but I pushed them aside and continued my search. My wandering mind finally located the source of this sound; the deck access from the medical wing.

I opened the security door, and then, my stomach took a nosedive to my toes.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; AxZ06

Part of the ship's hull had collapsed, and a thick glass sheet was wedged where the deck access would be. What made me freak out was the liquid that was above it. Water? Or an alien compound that would kill me on contact?.

I moved away, and closed the airtight door, then ripped out the control panel to be sure.

Then, came the question; how deep was this gigantic tomb under?!.

I didn't plan to stick around and die like this, so I headed over to the starboard side of the ship, to try my luck with the deck access there. So many things ran through my mind as I walked over.

"THE AIR IS POISONOUS!"
"MONSTERS!"

Yom is forever arone. ;_; F6zvo

It was time to do or die. I placed my finger on the access panel, and the door opened. And just past the access was the trapdoor, and a smooth draft of sweet air.

I took a deep breath and waited there, for the supposed poisons to take effect. A few moments later, I had calmed down. Popping another biopill, I walked to the trapdoor, which, by a freak chance, was still functional. I slowly pressed the access panel, and watched as the powered pneumatics drew back the trapdoor, crushing a layer of dirt. And there it was, bigger than life, sunlight!.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 5klm8

I was half-expecting a huge monster to rip my head off the moment I emerged from the ground, but somehow, I clambered up the ladder and crawled over the dirt, into the open.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 2HojE

It seemed as if I had been down here for a while. The ship was almost entirely covered by dirt, and yet, here and there, I saw debris from the ship. And a bit further, I recognized one of the wings of the starship poking out of the dirt. Judging by the amount of dirt piled up on its base, it had been there for a while.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; T4LTv
As far as the eye could see, was a great plain, full of grass and flowers.

"Where am I? And where are the others?" I said to no one in particular.

I took another deep breath, relishing the freshness of the air - and then smelled the unmistakable odor of fire.
Back to top Go down
https://forkheads.forumotion.com
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:27 pm

A bit unnerved by the idea of a fire in such a pristine place, I quickly made tracks towards the thin stream of smoke I saw a few meters off.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; XUbGo

What a sight met me! There was an enormous gorge, obviously cut through by the falling of a large object, which ended in a pile of dirt which I stood on. And there, at the bottom, was the flaming corpse of the ship's engine, cut clear of the main fuselage and leaking fuel that gave vent to a blazing inferno. Now I understood why the ship's controls refused to budge. At that moment, my suit's Geiger counter began to tick, and realizing that standing around near a burning engine leaking radioactive materials was NOT a good idea, I ran off back to the ship's hatch.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; GfLmy

It was time for me to check out my surroundings. I headed back to the cargo hold (which was surprisingly intact, despite the fact that we had pretty much punched through a planet's atmosphere and crashed into the planet). I grabbed a rifle, some ammo, a few rations, and a mapper before heading out.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; IT7Ch

The land was rich, that's for sure. And the grass was lush and green. I decided to use the wing of the ship as a waypoint of sorts.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; AekV9

Upon arriving at the wing, my original observations was confirmed. A large buildup of dirt confirmed that it had been a while since the wing had impacted there. "How long have I been here?" I wondered again.

I began to make a circle around my location, so as to cover maximum ground around my starting point. It was at that moment a loud, lowing sound made me jump 3 feet in the air and do a perfect barrel roll. Pulling out my rifle, I quickly aimed it at the dirt patch where the sound had come from.

Out of the dirt, it crawled out, a perfectly camoflaged beast. It regarded me with a look of mild curiosity, then turned away to chew on the grass.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; RUT2O

Laughing to myself over my action, I put away my rifle and continued to map the land. It was a few hours when I returned to my ship. By this time, I was feeling hungry, and decided to have an early dinner and call it a night.
Back to top Go down
Lord Hazama

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:28 am

lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:07 am

I woke up to a mild, groaning, moaning sound. For a moment, I thought it was another crewmember; but as I listened closely, I realized that raspy, strained voice didn't belong to any human being. Grabbing the rifle, and donning my environment suit, I began searching for the source of the noise.

"Perhaps it's one of those bovine beasts?" I thought to myself as I walked over to the access hatch. And then "... I could use a midnight snack."

Moonlight streamed down from the hatch, as I walked to it.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Sn0Rb

The world was looking very different in the darkness of the night. I could barely make out the distant wing of the ship. I was going to stand when a sudden, painful jolt knocked me off my balance and into the access shaft. As I lay there, dazed and unable to move, I felt the sudden warm sensation of blood where I was hit.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; PimdO

Looking up, I noticed a silverish monster looking down at me; in its hands was a primitive bow and arrow; and it was preparing to loosen another bolt at me. Moving quickly, I pressed the button to seal off the trapdoor. Getting up, I quickly loosened the arrow in my back. Thankfully, my environment suit had taken most of the hit and left me with a small cut. Running back, I slapped on a detox spray and a stimpatch for good measure, and prepared for war!

Grabbing a steel sword, I ran back outside, and jammed it in his face before it had the chance to shoot me again. Now that I inspected its remains, it was a creature made out of curious calcite, and apparently enough, bows and arrows. Cautiously, I crawled outta my hole, and began to observe my surroundings.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; GFf8S

Then, I noticed the creature that was making the strange noise. It charged at me, but its flesh had decayed to the point that striking it down was a simple matter. I had seen enough - I was on a hostile planet, with no way out. The ship seemed to be a secure stronghold, so for the time being, I retreated back in.

For one, it was quite a necessity to build a secure perimeter; the ship's access was woefully underguarded; and I shuddered to think what would happen if those monsters managed to break into my ship. So I pushed the cooker in the way of the exit. That would do as a barricade, for now. After making a patrol inside the ship to ensure it was safe, I ate another biopill and fell soundly asleep.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Q2CWB
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 0h1Qk

The next morning, I visited the cargo hold again. Luck would have it - the hold was well-stocked. And now that there was just me, by myself, the rations would last for a while; until I managed to develop some renewable resources. I headed over to the chest marked 'construction materials'. I was certain that the beasts inhabiting this planet were not exactly intelligent; and thus, to save energy and stamina, I decided to make a secure perimeter out of planks and mark the entire ship out. In the future, would need to dig it out, and somehow repair the engine, attach it to the ship and escape.

It was too bad that my basic ship knowledge consisted of nothing more than formalities and basics. I would have to do this on my own.

But now, I had another task to attend to. The engine had been on fire; and leaking deadly radiation. I didn't want to cause too much problems for this planet's biosphere. So, donning a radiation proof environment suit, I began to prepare for what could be the most arduous task of my life - preparing a secure perimeter around the ship.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; ERcfv

Marking the borders of the excavation alone took me the whole day. Driving huge wooden pegs to the ground, I marked out the vital extremities of the ship. I decided to create a defensive structure in a triangulative manner, so I could observe the excavation site while defending myself. But for now, it was time for me to take a well-earned rest. The real work begins tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:02 pm

The next day dawned bright, and early in the morning, I set out to a small flatland to the west of the crash site. It was here that I would build a small, self-sustaining stronghold. A through inspection of the hold rewarded me with a few heavy-duty tools that would be a great asset in taming these wild lands. Keeping an eye out for monsters, I began to flatten the land.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; TNvEn

Fortune smiled down upon me, as here and there, I saw large chunks of steel - debris from the crash; this I could scavenge for more heavier fortifications in the future. prying them from where they lay was the only challenge, but the reward was worth it. In my work, I also spied a large chunk of metal buried in a tree as well; the impact must've been powerful indeed! I took note to scour the land for scrap metal; I had a feeling it would be most useful in recycling.

Clearing the land had other advantages, too. The wild grass offered seeds, that I thought, would come in useful later. I continued to work, warily at first - I had not forgotten my encounter with the planet's unfriendly fauna. But as the day went on, I realized those things only came out at night. Calming myself down, I continued to clear the land.

With that done, I had the biggest challenge yet; stopping and somehow capturing fuel from leaking. My suit was a standard Hazmat suit; it would last for a short while in that irradiated shithole. I designated myself two tasks; stopping the fire and getting back at least a little fuel.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; JNDAn

Sighing, I climbed down the gorge, keeping a close eye on the alert panel.

As I suspected, the engine wasn't the only casualty. Digging away some gravel, I saw a fuel tank leaking fuel into the inferno. Blinking back sweat, I carefully began to scoop up the radioactive fuel and placing it safely away from the fire. Starving the source of the fire had some effect; but the inferno was blazing through - and now I needed to cool it down.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; OW2Yr

Creating an impromptu water tank out of some wooden planks, I siphoned the water onto the burning wreck. A violent hissing of steam followed; as the flames were deprived of oxygen, fuel and heat. Soon, the engine was left silent, no more a machine spitting fire, but a device at rest. One look was it took for me to realize that the engine was beyond repair. It's pulse cones had burned out long ago, and its oxygen pipes were melted into slag.

Now that the fires were out, I could gain access to the malfunctioning fuel tank as well. Peering in, I realized I had to contain the fuel if I had to finish this once and for all.

It took me a while, but the effort paid off. 2 kilos of crystal fuel were salvaged from the inferno, and the fuel tank was shut once and for all. I realized it was the end of the day, and decided to call it a night.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:29 pm

The next day was dedicated to hauling wooden planks from the hold, to the clearing I made some days back. Making a large irregular rectangle, I made a primitive stockade of woodwork. This way, if those white beasts or zombies tried to climb up, they'd have their hands full of splinters.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; CJ614

It was more tiring work than usual, but I was slowly getting used to hard work. And the planet's gravity made it easier to train my muscles as well. Nearby, was a pool I could siphon fresh water from. My paranoia took hold of me and I spent the rest of the day making sure the inside of the stockade was well lit.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 5R7q0

Up ahead lay the biggest work yet; to build a small, yet self-sufficient fortress that I could reside in peaceably, while monitoring the situation of the ship's dig site.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:18 pm

The big day dawned with a refreshing breeze. After refreshing myself, I began to run a checklist of what I'd need.

1) A source of water.
2) Crops.
3) Observation.
4) Stronghold.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 3TGwD

The problem of water was quickly resolved. A pool of sparkling water lay to the west, and I began construction of a pipeline. The scrap metal I had run across in my previous forays proved useful in making pipes. Using a few droplets of fuel to heat the thing up, I was able to hammer it into the shape of a large pipe, which I dragged to the site, which I had carefully marked on the dirt. Much to my delight, I noticed the dirt was not disturbed by the footprints of the beasts.

Using my shovel, I began to mark a trench where the pipe would go through.

After much effort, I had finally driven the pipe into the pond, and I was rewarded with cool spring water in my face. Laughing, I took a tentative sip; and let me tell you, it was worth every effort.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; NvllA

With that done, all I had to do was lay down the woodwork and prevent the water from going anywhere. Taking some spare planks from the stockade, I began to build a sturdy well.

The planks were not the ideal material to hold such large amounts of water, as I learned. But it would do, for now. A few hours of patching and careful laywork allowed me to finish the well in record time. As I removed the brick from the pipe, the well began to fill with water. As an afterthought, I placed a shelter upon the open mouth of the well. You never know, there could be poop-happy birds around.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; N864q

Finished! I was grinning with pride, and helping myself to another sip of the water when I realized it was almost nightfall. Still grinning to myself, I closed the doors of the stockade and went back to the ship. Wood rot was a factor I would have to consider in the near future. I would find a way to replace the woodwork of the well - with steel, perhaps? Tomorrow was another big day.

Last edited by Yomu-chan on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Yom is forever arone. ;_; HQ4NX

The clouds were thickening, and I was at work with the rising sun. Taking some leftover planks, I made a primitive fence, and tilled the soil. The earth here was quite fertile, and I decided to split the farm in two; one side for the seeds I found while clearing the land, and the other side for watermelon seeds I found while rummaging through the ship's hold.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; SWiMB

The day was spent with me running back and forth from the well, irrigating the soil. As luck would have it, I also found a few capsules containing fertilizer in the hold. Enriching the soil with it was a great idea - the plants that grew out of the soil were strong, healthy and green. The watermelons, I had great hope in; it would be a great change of pace to have some watermelon for a change.

After marking the position of my stronghold, I decided to rest again.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 pm

The big day was finally here. It was time for me to build a small stronghold to serve as a command and control center of the excavation of the colony ship. I got up as the dawn struck the sky, and after making sure no monsters could stop me, I began work on the fortress.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; MhWJo

Using more wood from the ship hold, I began to build the foundation of the fort, and prepare a living and storage space. Using brickwork from the hold, I also put together a fireplace.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; GHizh

It's just a placeholder design; I would have to fireproof my house later.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 3F2Yd

My work continued, placing beams of wood to serve as struts for the second floor. After taking some crystal tiles from the hold, I even made a toilet... which I used immediately. Whoooooeeeeyyyy!

Yom is forever arone. ;_; KAzyg

My work continued; the front of the fortress could now support the second floor. I planned to use the second floor as a storage and research room.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; K7z5f

Yes, research! I ran across a chest in the hold of the ship that held all sorts books. There were all sorts of fascinating books, from hentai collections to electronic manuals. I moved this to a secure chamber in the fortress; even in the case of fire, this chest would survive.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; DScB2

My fort was complete, in record time! And it was pretty much fireproof, too. Upgrading that fireplace with steel guard rods (salvaged from bits and pieces of scrap metal I found).

Yom is forever arone. ;_; UcXdL

With the remaining pieces of woodwork, I began to construct a shrine to my patron saint, Loli. All it needed was some incense candles and a donation box.

I then took some wooden poles and built a flag from the wool in the ship's hold.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 1hO2K

I saluted the good ol' blue, black and red. I hereby christened the camp, Camp Albert - as it was built alongside the crashed wing bearing Albert's image. I was exhausted, and instead of reading up on some epic hentai, I decided to call it a night.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:12 pm

For the past few days, I've been patrolling the fort. Now that I've managed to secure it, I can dedicate my time to other pursuits.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; C2abl

One night, I discovered a new life-form while patrolling the wall. It looked like a large spider, almost 3 feet across. Unfortunately, it spotted me, and I had to engage in combat. My military-grade hazmat suit deflected it's stingers as I managed to kill it by lopping it's head off with my sword. I butchered it and acquired about 2 lengths of high grade string, and one of it's large eyes.

I would have to map the land further - I'm sure there were more things to be discovered.

String is always useful, so I returned back to base, and prepared for my expedition.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Yom is forever arone. ;_; WQlPx

The day dawned with a distinct chill this time. After making sure no monsters could surprise me, I set out, first to the south; the point of interest was a large body of water.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; FmniR

It was quite a find, actually! I discovered a type of bamboo extruding a sweet, sugary syrup. After taking some samples for study, I directed my attention to what appeared to be a large lake. Looking at it, I saw small aquatic animals swimming in it. A new source of food! I would first have to figure out a way to actually catch them, though.

A sudden thought came to me, as I remembered the string I got last night. Perhaps I could build some kind of fishing rod?. I christened this lake, "Lake Bounty". With this thought, I began moving in a eastward direction. There was a large expanse of rock in this direction. Perhaps I could find some resources to mine?.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; I91bY

Arriving at the rocky outcropping, I studied the land. It seemed something had scraped the topsoil off , before vanishing. Judging by the impact pattern of my ship, whatever it was, must've splashed down into Lake Bounty. I took note of the resources available, and headed northwards, towards the gorge my ship made when it crashed. Taking note of some cave-like structures in the area, I headed northwards - toward the gorge that my ship had left in the earth.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; HmgNX

The gorge was the same as I last remembered it - the radiation had dropped to minimal levels, and the inferno that blazed here had faded. I took note to attempt salvaging the engine - but for now, without specialized tools, that would be impossible. Sighing over my loss, I moved westward.

Exploring past the Albert Wing, I chanced upon a strange, earthen structure. I heard familiar lowing sounds come from inside it.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; HZP2V

What luck! I had stumbled upon a small nest of sorts for those strange bovine beasts I had seen before!

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 072fa

I calculated there were 2 breeding pairs, and some young. As I had no need for anything at the time, I repaired the structure, marked it on my map and decided to return home. It had been a very eye-opening experience.

Here's a map of my general surroundings. With this done, I will now rest - big day tomorrow. I'm gonna try and make a fishing rod.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Vm9ha
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:11 am

There was rain today. At least, there was - but as I finished a meal of 2 biopills and a helping of fresh water, the rain eased off. Working through last night, I had prepared a rudimentary fishing pole from the string and some sticks I had left over from construction. Looking out of the window, I noticed that the plants I had seeded in the garden were growing quite well - soon, it would be harvest time.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Ki6wN

But for now, it was time for me to head over to Lake Bounty and go fishin'. After a quick patrol on the camp's stockade to ensure no monsters would get me, I headed out there, fishing pole in tow.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 3lVCB

It was more beautiful, in this bright sunlight. The crystal-clear waters were teeming with life. Far off, I saw strange tentacled beasts. A bit wary of snagging something that could break my fishing rod, I cast carefully into the sandy shallows, where the smaller creatures gathered.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; ZNGro

It took a while, but my patience was rewarded. A sudden tug on the rod was my cue to heave. Splashing out of the water, it came, wriggling and definitely alive - a small, silvery creature with a streamlined body. Moving a bit south westward along the coastline, so as not to disturb the fish-like creatures too much, I continued to fish, until I had about 5 of the creatures. Not wishing to harm the ecosystem too much, I decided not to fish here for a week. I also let one egg-bearing female go as well.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; HoAyk

I returned home with my catch, ready to eat. Saint Loli be praised, I'll eat like a bawse tonight!

Last edited by Yomu-chan on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Hazama

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:53 am

Not bad Cool
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:20 pm

It was worth the wait, and now, harvest time had come!. After a hearty meal of fried fish, along with some melon slices and water, I set out to reap my first proper harvest.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; M5cVo

The plants, aided by the fertilizer pods I found in the ship's hold had grown beautifully strong, and the aroma of watermelon hung in the air. With my basic biology skills, I identified the mysterious plants as wheat seeds; a new source of food!. Saint Loli be praised!

Working through the afternoon, I collected 21 bunches of wheat, 38 wheat seeds and 29 watermelon slices!. After sprinkling some humus dust on the soil to let it recover, I returned to the shrine to make an offering of 1 wheat, 1 watermelon and 1 seed, as thanks for this bounty.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; IaGHj

The sun was setting now, and I was feeling quite tired after that scrumptious meal. I decided to withdraw and rest for the night.
Back to top Go down
Lord Hazama

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Takes the watermelon and eats it.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:17 am

Don't overstuff yourself, pal! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Headfuck

Headfuck

PostSubject: glad your still putting these here   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:02 am

*chows down on a watermelon
Back to top Go down
http://g0d.chatango.com
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:24 am

It was by a whim that I wandered back to the ship's hold to look for materials when I found what could be my ticket (by a long shot) to safety. An old, beat up OCF-9001 microcomputer was stuffed into one of the boxes in the hold. Although it was not functioning, using it's instruction manual, I quickly replaced the broken fuse and managed to repair it.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; TydCP

The OCF-9001 is a small computer that can read through books rapidly and use the data as a wikipedia of sorts. It is ancient technology; even I have little knowledge of it's inner workings. All I know is that it uses nanomachines to operate itself. Running on a single jolt of a battery, they have been known to work for decades on end.

Now, with a sufficient database, I could start developing technology that I needed (truth be told, I was getting tired of living like a bronze-age villager).

Hauling it up to the second floor of the fortress was the hardest work I had done in a while. Wiping away the sweat, I switched it on, and allowed it to start reading from the bookshelf nearby. In a few hours, it would have built a small encyclopedia's worth of data, that I could parse at will.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; 47Wry

I decided to patrol the stockade again, before I slept. Those monsters were still out there; and it was my job to whip it into their heads to stay the fuck off Camp Albert.

Those zombies were easy-pickings; their rotted flesh could not stand a plasma-sharpened diamond blade; and those white, bony beasts were picked off one by one with my rifle. I was feeling pretty confident that they'd learn to stay off by now.

That's when I heard that weird sound. Like a gas leak - but what sort of gas leak would occur here?!. That's when I looked down and saw something that would be seared into my mind for a long time.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; LpbsT

I didn't know what happened next; the roar of blood in my ears drowned out everything else; I could have passed out, but my Hazmat suit began blaring an alarm. "WARNING! HAZARDOUS BIOLOGICAL MATERIAL DETECTED!". I struggled to my feet, then was stunned by the large, gaping hole in my stockade's defense wall.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Pofgm

Suddenly, I was overrun by those zombie-like creatures! Getting my bearings, I began to cut a path of destruction against those creatures as they began to set themselves ablaze; and quickly patched the hole with some dirt. I was bleeding, and my HazMat suit had locked up on me - detecting large amounts of dangerous biohazards in the air. I panicked and ran, not knowing what to do.

I woke up later, as the sun was setting. And the first thing that struck me was the silence. My suit wasn't blaring death in my ears; in fact, my suit had pretty much acted as a tourniquet and stopped my wounds from bleeding out. I then realized something else - that fine layer of dust on my suit was what had triggered the alarm; and exposure to sunlight had neutralized them as well. Heaving a sigh of relief, I decided to head back home. The need for a stronger material for the outer perimeter wall was clear. I would begin research tonight on stronger materials.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:44 am

Working at the computer, I researched basic masonry.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Mca

Masonry Level 1: Simple walls from shattered stones. Opens access to Masonry Level 2 and Engineering Level 1.

I know the ship's hold had a large stock of stone for terraforming, and the tools to work them. However, I needed a way to produce more stone. I would to build a small factory for stone-processing.

Using some planks from the store, I made a small shed near the flag to serve as a temporary stoneworks factory.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; JyHBH

Here, I began production. Every now and then, I would return to the ship for some stone and building materials as well. By noon, I had a sizeable amount of stone to begin construction. I decided to expand my camp, as I needed a place to store my materials as well.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; QCHtS

By nightfall, I had expanded the walls, and finished 50% of the retrofitting. I decided to work again, breaking more stone to build the material I could work with. When dawn breaks, I was confident I could continue my task.

Suddenly... RAIN!

Yom is forever arone. ;_; HECMC

I had no idea where it came from, but this put a damper on my work. I couldn't possibly stay awake with the comforting medley of rain. I gave up and withdrew back to my fort to sleep.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; RozdM

By late next morning, I had finished building the wall. And yeah, I did get a little fanatical with the stonework. I realized I had made a few extra; and decided to reinforce the fort with it; and yeah. I moved the flag to the top of the Fort. This way, Old Glory would be safe even in the case of invasion. Marked with stone is a new construction site. I dont know what I'll use it for. Maybe a lab or a storage shed? I'm not sure at this time. I feel that if I study Engineering, I might come up with some ideas. So, engineering it'll be.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:16 am

I researched Engineering last night.

Now, I can build wooden stairs, an additional database to speed up research(for a total of 3 databases), learn to use fire properly, and last but not least, gain access to researching Electronics Lvl1.
Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 am

As I had nothing to do today, I researched Electronics 1.

With the Level 3 database, I began to learn about the basics of electronics. I decided to build a new building to use as a laboratory. With my current level of engineering and masonry, I managed to build a 2-floor house for my experiments.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; CIJ5X

Now that I have unlocked Electronics, it was time for me to gain experiment points; I would need it to unlock Electronics Level 2.

Back to top Go down
Yomu-chan
Admin
Yomu-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:44 pm

I say, what, I've managed to build a stable pulsar signal generation network! 1,0! 1,0! 1,0!

Yom is forever arone. ;_; Gq282

It's quite a primitive structure, though; I had to use (eugh) dirt as a scaffolding! However, this has given me an idea; A lighthouse or a homing beacon - for any of my crewmates that could be lost in this world!. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try. I'll be gathering my equipment and beginning construction tonight.

It rained again, but it didn't stop me from building a lighthouse. It's not much, what, but with my skill at engineering, It'll do.

With my engineering, I believe I can salvage some depleted fuel from the engine and set it alight to serve as a primitive torch of sorts.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; GvUHt

While I was admiring the view from the top of the tower, I spied a mysterious glow from the far Southeast. Perhaps my comrades had set up camp there?! I decided to investigate first thing in the morning.

Yom is forever arone. ;_; IG7oH
Back to top Go down
Lord Hazama

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:04 am

That glow is my cyberization lab .
Back to top Go down
deadlyfox

deadlyfox

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 pm

That was a good story yom. I found the lost tale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yom is forever arone. ;_;   Yom is forever arone. ;_; I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yom is forever arone. ;_;
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forkheads in SPACE :: Main :: General No Spam-
Jump to: